Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sick as a Dog

Mama D has been sick...sick as a dog. Things have been on hold, and it's not just the blog.  Laundry, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, and all the other fun things mommies do have been on hold.  Mr. Techie has been playing the mommy role for the past few days.  Unfortunately, he is unable to keep up with all the duties of a mommy.  Fortunately, he's been doing a great job in feeding, changing, and bathing our prince. 

It's hard when you're sick especially when you are breastfeeding since you have to be careful what drugs you can take.  I'm all for the natural home remedies, but I have been sneezing, sniffling, and coughing for a couple of days...I think it's time for modern medicine.

I've been trying hard not to look around the house...or else my mommy mode will go on in full force and start cleaning left and right, folding laundry, picking up toys, wiping down tables, the list goes on and on...  you know what I'm talking about.  I've been itching to go mommy mode...I'm sure you would too if this is what you have to look at...


Dishes on my dish rack have been piling up that clean dishes are surrounding the dish rack. 

 

Dining table is being used as my "throw table".  Anything that I haven't put back but used I just throw on the dining table.

My prince's toys are all lying around the floor.  I usually pick them up every night...but not this time.

Look at all that laundry!  Ugh!!! These are actually clean clothes.  My hubby can do laundry...but only as far as putting laundry in the washer to wash and dryer to dry.  Folding on the other hand is another story.



But, that's the last thing I should be doing now...  rest and more rest is what I really need...  it's awfully hard not to think about it...  but I have to try hard to be a lazy bum until I get better.  Back to bed for me.  Yup, as you can see I haven't made the bed for a few days....it's part of being a lazy bum.

No comments:

Post a Comment