Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bow tie pasta with beef, peas, carrots, and garlic


Okay, another one of Giada's recipes inspired me to make this dish for my daughter.  


Here's the Adult version:



Here's the baby version:



Items needed are:
  • 0.50 lb of beef ( I got mine from WF and is organic)
  • 2 cloves of garlic (organic)
  • 1 whole white onion (organic)
  • 2 tomatoes (organic)
  • 1 cup of farfalle pasta (organic)
  • 0.50 cup of peas and carrots combined (so..that's 0.25 cup of peas and 0.25 cup of carrots)



Here steaming quarter chopped tomatoes.  I stop steaming until the skin is wrinkled.  Then I peel.


I boil 1 cup of bow-tie pasta (farfalle)


         I just take 2 cloves of garlic and use 1 whole onion.  You might say that might be a lot, but this recipe doesn't call for any salt or anything so these 2 will be the source of flavor for the dish besides the beef and tomatoes.


I use organic beef.  Yes, it's kind of expensive but when you think about all the hormones pumped in today's beef and chicken, it's kind of scary.  I myself don't want to eat it.  


I use frozen organic peas and carrots that is already prepared and ready to be used.  This is my shortcut to save time.


I  add 0.25 cups of water and throw in the cubed beef in a pot/pan.  After the beef is somewhat cooked I add in the tomatoes peas and carrots. 


After the sauce starts to boil I throw in the pasta and mix the sauce and pasta together.  I  heat it up over low heat for 3-5 minutes.  It's done!

I put the pasta in my new toy, my baby bullet, and puree it until it's the texture my daughter can eat without choking.   I place them in my containers and store in freezer!




No comments:

Post a Comment